Article #: 60
How To: use the Base Settings in Web Chat
Similar questions: using the Base Settings in Web Chat, using Web Chat, utilizing Web Chat, configure Web Chat, configure Web Chat with master settings, live web chat configuration
Purpose: demonstrate how to use the Base Settings in Web Chat
- When logged in to the admin UI of Xima CCaaS, go to Admin (System) > System Settings
- Click on Web Chat Agent and then click on the ellipsis tool associated with Chat Config
- A window called “Live Chat Configuration” will appear. Fill in the fields of information below. The first three fields of information are as follows:
a. Header Color: This determines the color of the header.
b. Agent Chat Bubble Color: This determines the color of the agent chat bubble.
c. Customer Chat Bubble Color: This determines the color of the customer chat bubble.
For the above list, we recommend you choose colors that go well with your website.
- The next field of information is URL to Skill Mappings. Click the associated ellipsis tool.
- A window called “URL to Skill Mappings” will appear. To add a map, click Add Mapping.
- Enter a name for the mapping and click OK when done. We recommend naming it something that is recognizable for the skill group that’s going to be pointed towards or what web page it is on. Once you click OK, a new row will appear up above.
- Add the URL that the map should match. Note that by default, the URL Match will be a star. When you see a star, this typically means that it can include anything in the URL up to this point. Therefore if your website ends with a keyword, you can enter that next to the star.
- Lastly, select the skill that these chats should be routed to. Click OK when you are done entering maps.
Please note that the order of the mapping does matter. The URLs will be checked from top to bottom. If you need to reorder any mappings, you can do so with the arrows.
- The next field of information is the Logo. Click on the associated ellipsis tool.
- Click Select new file.
- Once you’ve selected your file, click Open.
- The last five fields of information are as follows:
a. New Chat Session Notification Sound: This allows you to customize the alert sound to the agent when a new chat session notification appears.
b. New Chat Message Notification Sound: This allows you to customize the alert sound to the agent when a new chat message notification appears.
c. Agent Image: This allows you to determine whether you want an agent’s image to display or not.
d. Show Widget on Page Load: This allows you to determine whether or not you would like our chat offer window to appear when the page is loaded.
e. Require Captcha: This allows you to determine whether or not you want to require CAPTCHA, which is a security measure that authenticates whether the user on the other end is human.
- Once you have filled out all the required fields of information, click on View Code Snippet. This will provide a unique snippet that you should embed into the web pages that you would like to offer Web Chat. Please note that the snippet didn’t actually change per skill. It’s the URL mapping that you defined earlier that will decide which skill takes each customer.
- Click Copy to Clipboard and share it with your web developer to embed it to your webpage.
- Click Close and then OK to save your changes.
- Click Save.
Updated about 1 year ago