Routing Calls From Netsapiens Auto Attendant to Xima CCaaS
This article provides information on how to route a call from the Netsapiens Auto Attendant to Xima CCaaS. These instructions provide a very basic setup but will give you a good idea of how to make this work for your environment.
- Log in as an Administrator to the Netsapiens Admin Portal
- Go to the “Auto Attendants” tab and click on the “Add Attendant” button
- You will need to provide a Name, Extension, and add a Time Frame
- The default is "all the time"
- Click the "Add" button
- Once you do this, you’ll be placed on a new page where you will need to assign digit actions and announcements
- The first item on the list is “Intro Greeting"
- NOTE: You can add a pre-recorded message by browsing to its file, or you can call in with your registered device and record an announcement in that way
- The second option is the “Menu Prompt” with corresponding digit actions for each
- You can click to add a new prompt (e.g., press 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc.)
- Once you have your menu prompt configured, you can assign an array of different options as seen in the screenshot below:
- For our purposes, you’ll need to assign one of these digit actions to your contact center
- Whether that be the internal extension you’ve configured or the DID of that extension is up to your setup
- In this case, we've selected digit action “1” for the “User” option and filled in the corresponding fields
Within the Caller ID Prefix field, note the “/” (slash) symbol at the end.
- This is very important and something that has to be there in order for CCaaS to recognize this as a Skill Routing ID within Xima CCaaS
- This is a very basic setup of how this process will work if you front end Xima’s Contact Center with the Netsapiens Auto Attendant
- Following these steps will give you a basic idea of how to do your own setup
Xima CCaaS Steps
Once the Auto Attendant is built on the Netsapiens side, you’ll need to fill out the Skill Routing Identifier within Xima CCaaS to match it
- Within the Xima CCaaS Admin Portal, go to Contact Center Configuration > Skill Management > Add Skill
- Select the ellipses next to the Skill Routing Identifier menu option
There is NO “/” (slash) on this end within Xima CCaaS.
- Fill out the rest of the skill with your desired configuration, and be sure to assign agents to that skill to allow them to take calls
Updated 6 months ago