Article #: 38
How To: build a language pack
Similar questions: change a language pack, build a language pack, edit a language pack, delete a language pack, add a language pack, set up a language pack, create a language pack, adjust language packs
Purpose: demonstrate how to build a language pack
- When logged in to the admin UI of Xima CCaaS, go to Contact Center Configuration > Skill Management
- Select the three dots icon above the skill in which you would like to adjust the language pack.
- To select a language pack, go to the Language Pack metric, which is about three lines down under Voice Settings. Click the ellipsis tool associated with the Language Pack metric.
- A window called “Manage Language Packs” will appear. Click on Add.
- A window called “Create New Language Pack” will appear. Fill out the fields of information below.
a. Language Pack Title: This is where you type in the name of the language pack.
b. Language Rules: This is where you determine what language rules you would like your language pack to follow. For example, if you wanted your language pack to be in English, you would want your language pack to follow English language rules.
After filling in this information, you’ll notice that the rest of the information fields listed below are the intelligent announcements that you can rerecord. Please note that you do not have to fill them all out. Any announcements that are not filled out will default to the original announcement that we provide.
- To replace an announcement, click on the Directory (folder) icon to upload a file from your computer. You can also record your announcement via the microphone from this computer by clicking on the Microphone icon.
- After your file has been uploaded or recorded, on the right you will see text that says “Audio Recorded” as well as the length of that recording. You can click the Play button to preview the recording.
- Rerecord the remaining announcements you would like to rerecord.
- If you would like a script of what these announcements are, click the Export Script button in the bottom left hand corner and save the file. The exported file will list line by line the script for each of these announcements.
- Once you have uploaded all the announcements that you would like to replace, click Save Language Pack. Your new language pack will be added to the list of available language packs.
- Click Close.
- Make sure that your preferred language pack is selected.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
The language pack you’ve just created is now available in other skills. You do not need to create that language pack for each skill, because it will be listed as an option in the Language Pack metric in other skills.
Updated 11 months ago