Article #: 43
How To: add a custom announcement
Similar questions: add custom announcement, adjust custom announcement, delete custom announcement, modify custom announcement, edit custom announcement, change custom announcement
Purpose: demonstrate how to add a custom announcement
- When logged in to the admin UI of Xima CCaaS, go to Contact Center Configuration > Skill Management
- Click the three dots icon associated with the skill you would like to adjust the custom announcements.
- A new window called “Skill Definition” will appear. Go to the Queue Announcements metric, and click the ellipsis tool associated with that metric.
- A new window called “Queue Announcement Configuration” will appear. Drop a pin where you would like this announcement to play the first time. This is done by clicking anywhere on the blue bar.
- A new window called “Edit Queue Announcement” will appear. Go to the Announcement metric and click the ellipsis tool associated with that metric.
- A new window called “Queue Announcement” will appear. Here you can see the full list of announcements that have been added to your system. To add a new one, click on New Announcement…
- A new window called “New Announcement” will appear. Here you can upload a new announcement by clicking the Directory (document) icon, or record a new announcement from the computer microphone by clicking the Microphone icon.
To access Xima default announcement audio files, check out our Default Queue Music and Announcements article.
- After your file has been uploaded or recorded, on the right you will see text that says “Audio Recorded” as well as the length of that recording. You can click the Play button to preview the recording.
- Type in the Announcement Name before saving.
- Click OK.
The announcement you’ve just created is now available in other skills. You do not need to create that announcement for each skill, because it will be listed as an option in the Announcement metric in other skills.
- Click OK again.
- Click OK a third time.
- Click OK once more and then click Save.
Updated about 2 months ago