In order for agents to successfully take and make calls using WebRTC (the softphone within Xima's Contact Center Agent Client 'CCAC'), the agent will need to authorize the microphone permissions within their browser. When logging into CCAC for the first time as a WebRTC licensed agent, you should be prompted for this permission automatically. If that permission is accidentally missed or rejected, please review the browser based documentation below to get the microphone permissions restored.
For the up-to-date support article direct from Google, click here.
- Open Chrome Chrome.
- Go to a site that wants to use your microphone and camera.
- When prompted, choose Allow
- Open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click ... > Settings.
- Click Privacy and Security > Site settings > Microphone.
- Select the option you want as your default setting.
- Review your blocked and allowed sites.
- To allow a site that you already blocked: Under "Not allowed," select the site's name and change the camera or microphone permission to "Allow."
For the most up-to-date instructions as provided by Mozilla, click here
To use prompts to allow or block camera and microphone permissions for a site that uses these features:
- Open Firefox and go to the desired site.
- A confirmation pop-up displays asking if you want to share your device’s camera and microphone with that site.
- Select the Remember this decision checkbox if you want Firefox to remember your selections for this site so that they can be used by default in the future.
- Click the Allow button if you want to share these devices with the site.
- Click the menu button and select Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security from the left menu.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section.
- Click the Settings… button for the Microphone option.
Firefox displays the websites with saved Allow or Block permission.
- Use the Allow/Block selector to change permission for the website. You can remove the site by selecting it from the list and clicking the Remove Website.
- Click the Save Changes button.
For the most up-to-date article direct from Microsoft, click here
You can use your camera and microphone for websites in Microsoft Edge. However, even when your camera and microphone are enabled for Microsoft Edge, you will still need to give individual websites permission before they can use your camera and microphone. Here’s how:
Go to a website that wants to use your microphone and/or camera.
If a dialog box appears asking if you want to give the website permission to use your camera or microphone, select Allow. To block access, select Block, or close the dialog box.
- Do one of the following:
In Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.
In Windows 11, go to Start > Settings > Privacy & security > Microphone.
In Windows 10, ensure that Microphone access for this device, Allow apps to access your microphone, and the individual toggle for the Microsoft Store app you wish to use is turned on. If you do not see the app or website you're looking for in the list, it's likely a desktop app. Desktop apps cannot be individually toggled, but access for those apps can be controlled using Allow desktop apps to access your microphone.
In Windows 11, ensure that Microphone access, Let apps access your microphone, and the individual toggle for the Microsoft Store app you wish to use is turned on. If you do not see the app or website you're looking for in the list, it's likely a desktop app. Desktop apps cannot be individually toggled, but access for those apps can be controlled using Let desktop apps access your microphone.
Updated 2 months ago