Limiting a Queue’s Capacity
This article demonstrates how to limit the number of callers in a skill group queue.
Article #: 51
How To: limit the number of callers in a skill group queue
Similar questions: limit queue capacity, edit queue capacity, change queue capacity, modify queue capacity, limit number of callers in a skill group queue
Purpose: demonstrate how to limit the number of callers in a skill group queue
- When logged in to the admin UI, go to Contact Center Configuration > Skill Management
- Select the three dots icon above the skill in which you would like to adjust the queue capacity.
- To limit the number of callers in a skill group queue, go to the Max Calls Allowed in Queue metric, which is about ten lines down under Voice Settings. Click on the associated ellipsis tool.
- A new window called “Max Calls Allowed in Queue” will appear. Fill in the fields of information below.
a. Max Allowed: This is the number limit of the maximum amount of callers allowed in a skill group queue.
b. Overflow Destination: This allows you to determine where the calls that exceed that threshold (maximum calls allowed) will go. These can be sent to a skill group, an extension, a voicemail box, or even an external party.
- Click OK and then click OK again.
- Click Save.
Updated over 1 year ago