Please be aware that you get the virtual handset extension information and password from your Metaswitch Provider. Also note that this handset needs to have Voicemail Disabled.
You will first need to create a UC Extension (subscriber) within the MetaView Web Portal. This is typically only accessible and available if you’re a reseller of Metaswitch.
- Select the Business Group > Lines > Add Line
- Assign a license type. This can be from a predefined template (that may or may not exist within the portal), or created manually. For Xima CCaaS, the license type makes no difference as long as it allows for an SIP connection.
- Add a phone number and subscriber name. Example: “Xima Virtual Handset”
- Add the extension under the Extensions tab as displayed in the image below.
- Once you are done with the creation of that subscriber, sign into the CCaaS interface.
Login - Administrator
Password - password
- Once you are logged into the interface, select the Settings option (gear icon) on the left.
- Then select “Target Platform Configuration.”
- Fill out all of the information highlighted in the image below.
SIP Server Host and SIP Proxy Host: SBC Address, which is the address your phones connect to.
SIP Proxy Server Port: Typically 5060, but does have some variance.
Total Channels Per Extension: The default is whatever the re-seller sets it up as, but you’ll need to change the line appearances to account for more simultaneous calls.
Please note that Xima suggests you set the “Maximum Call Appearances” to an amount that the customer will not exceed. This is found under the connections tab for the extension you’ve created to act as the Contact Center end-point.
API URL: This is the “CommPortal” Login. The URL will be unique to the Re-seller. This points to their EAS Server.
API Version: This is found within the PuTTY Login or within “Community Network Dashboard” (Portal used to log tickets). It will need to match the version of Metaswitch to successfully complete the API request.
API Username: This is the phone number of the subscriber. It is found under the Configuration tab.
API Password: – This is the EAS Password, which is found under the Configuration tab. This is not the SIP Password.
- Once done with that, click the gear icon again and select “Manage SIP Extensions.”
- Click the “+” button on the top right-hand side to add in your extension. This is the UC extension you’ve set up previously to be used as the Xima CCaaS “Virtual Handset.”
SIP Extension: The extension of the user
SIP User: Subscriber phone number
SIP Password: The password used to register a third party phone (Not the EAS Password)
Once properly filled out, wait a couple of minutes and it should show up as “Registered.”
Updated 7 months ago