Setting ACO Load Balancer
This article demonstrates how to set an ACO extension inside of Xima CCaaS as the primary SIP handset or load balancer that Xima CCaaS will use to communicate with ACO.
Article #: 72
How To: set ACO load balancer
Similar questions: set ACO load balancer, set up ACO load balancer, configure ACO load balancer, set an ACO SIP handset
Purpose: demonstrate how to set an ACO extension inside of Xima CCaaS as the primary SIP handset or load balancer that Xima CCaaS will use to communicate with ACO
- Web to Xima CCaaS with the URL that has been provided (i.e., example.xima.cloud)
- At the login screen, enter Username and Password and hit Login
- Along the left-hand side in the navigation pane, select Admin (System) (cog wheel icon)> Manage SIP Extensions
- A new window called “SIP Extensions” will appear. If you’ve entered many SIP extensions from ACO as your SIP extensions inside of Xima CCaaS, you’ll now want to establish one as your primary SIP handset or load balancer. By default, this will be the top extension in bold. To change it, click on the three dots icon that is associated with the SIP extension you would like to be the primary SIP handset or load balancer.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Click on Set as Primary Extension.
- Click Done when you have finished.
Updated over 1 year ago