If your customer has multiple DIDs, we can route using the CCaaS “Skill Routing Identifiers.” This will allow you to directly drop the calls into a skill rather than having to go through another auto attendant and selecting a digital action to be transferred to your skill.
To use Skill Routing Identifiers, follow these steps:
- First, go to the Netsapiens portal.
- Log in and go to “Inventory” on the top right-hand side.
This will list out all of the DIDs available on your system. Click on the DID you want to use to route to Contact Center. In this example, I am using extension 6000 (which was set up previously).
- Under the “Treatment” tab, select “User.”
- Under the “User” tab select your “” In this example, I am using extension 6000.
- Under “Caller ID Prefix,” enter in the tag of your choice including the / after it (the slash is very important).
- Once that is done, click “Save.”
- Open up the Java UI on Xima CCaaS, go to the Multimedia Configuration, and select the skill group that you want the calls routed to.
- Under Skill Routing Identifiers, put in the same identifier you did under the Caller ID Prefix on the Netsapiens portal (minus the / symbol). Syntax such as capital letters matter.
It should look like this:
- Click OK and then Save to exit the configuration.
- Finally, make a test call to that DID to make sure the calls are routing to the appropriate locations.
Updated about 1 year ago