Article #: 123
How To: set up availability tiers
Similar questions: set up availability tiers, delete availability tiers, modify availability tiers, add availability tiers, edit availability tiers
Purpose: To demonstrate how to set up availability tiers
This feature is designed to optimize your customers’ experience by presenting them to the best available agent within a set time period. You can engage agents with a lower tier or skill level after a specified time. This helps ensure your customer is answered by the most skilled agent within a time period acceptable for your organization. This also means you no longer have to overflow to a different skill to engage a different set of agents. This keeps the messages clear to your customers including their position in the queue and estimated wait time. This also simplifies your reporting and Realtime wallboards.
- When logged in to the admin UI of Xima CCaaS, go to Contact Center Configuration > Skill Management.
- A pop-up window will appear. To use availability tiers, click the Add Skill button in the bottom left-hand corner of the pop-up window.
- A new pop-up window will appear that will allow you to customize your new skill. Here you will see an option to set up your availability tiers.
- Click the ellipsis button next to Availability Tiers.
- A new pop-up window will appear that will allow you to add availability tiers. Click Add.
- Determine what agent skill level range you would like to set and how many minutes you would like to wait until another skill level is available in the queue. It’s important to note that you must set at least two availability tiers and the first availability tier will force you to do 0 minutes. This is to ensure that someone is immediately available to take calls in the queue.
For example, if you only want agent skill levels 5-10 immediately available for calls in the queue, you would select “Skill Levels” 5 and set “Time in Queue” to 0 minutes. Then if you wanted agent skill levels 1-10 (everyone) available after 5 minutes, you would select “Skill Levels” 1 and set “Time in Queue” to 5 minutes.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Click OK once more and then click Save.
Updated about 1 year ago