Changing Agent Ring Time
This article demonstrates how to change the agent ring time.
Article #: 13
How To: change the agent ring time
Similar questions: adjust the agent ring time, modify the agent ring time, edit the agent ring time, set the agent ring time
Purpose: To learn how to change the agent ring time
There is a setting by default that applies to all agents and all skills until changed later, and we will show you that first. To view the default, follow these steps.
- Log in to the Xima CCaaS Admin portal.
- Along the left-hand side in the navigation pane, select Admin (System) > System Settings
- Click on Voice Agent and the option will expand. Here you will see the Default No Answer Time, which is about the fourth metric down. The default is set to twenty seconds. You want to make sure that this is always less than the ring time is set inside of the phone system itself. Otherwise you run the risk of sending calls to the voicemail box if that agent does not answer.
We will now show you how to adjust the default agent ring time per skill as needed. To do so, follow these steps.
- To change the ring time per skill group, inside the admin UI, go to Contact Center Configuration > Skill Management.
- A new window called “Skill Management” will appear. Select the skill you would like to adjust by clicking the three dots above the skill name.
- A new window called “Skill Definition” will appear. Go to the Agent Ring Time metric (under Voice Settings about six rows down). Here you will see the default is set to zero. When set to zero, that does not mean we are not going to ring those agents. It means that it is using the default time as shown earlier.
If you would like the agent ring time to be less, set the time to 15 seconds, which is about two or three rings.
- Once you’ve adjusted the agent ring time to your liking, click OK and then Save.
Updated over 1 year ago