Article #: 116
How To: set up Recording within ACO/RingCentral and have those recordings pulled to Xima CCaaS
Similar questions: set up recording, recording in ACO, recording in RingCentral, direct recordings to Xima CCaaS, pull recordings to Xima CCaaS
Purpose: demonstrate how to set up Recording within ACO/RingCentral and have those recordings pulled to Xima CCaaS
Please note before beginning these steps that if you want automatic recording within ACO/Ringcentral, you must have premium licenses or higher.
It is also important to note that we do not make the recordings in Xima CCaaS. We pull those recordings based upon the production of those recordings within your platform.
- Go to your RingCentral admin interface. Once there, go to Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > General Settings.
- Click on Call Recording. A dropdown will appear that shows whether you have On-Demand Call Recording and/or Automatic Call Recording enabled. Premium licenses allow for Automatic Call Recording. Any license below that will allow for On-Demand Call Recording. Xima CCaaS can pull both kinds of recordings.
- Here are some tips for Automatic Call Recording.
a. Click Edit
b. A window called Users & Groups to Record will appear. You’ll be able to see a list of extensions. If you would like an extension to be recorded, check the associated Inbound and/or Outbound boxes.
c. Click Save when done.
- Web to Xima CCaaS with the URL that has been provided (i.e., example.xima.cloud)
- At the login screen, enter Username and Password and hit Login
- Along the left-hand side in the navigation pane, select Admin(System) (cog wheel icon) > Target Platform Configuration
- A window called RingCentral Platform Settings will appear. Under the Enable Recording field, make sure it says Yes. Under the API Auth Status field, make sure it says Authenticated.
- Once you have made sure those fields are correct, click Save.
- Once you have made a call, that recording will appear in our Cradle to Grave interface. View this by clicking the Cradle to Grave tab in the top left hand corner of Xima CCaaS.
- A Configuration sidebar will appear. Select the time frame you would like to view your calls and click Apply.
- You will be able to see on the right hand side of the call that the recording is listed and can be played.
- Once you click on a recording to play it back, there are a few other options you can click on that appear in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
a. The chat bubble icon allows you to add notes to your recording.
b. The cloud/arrow icon allows you to download your recording.
c. The three dots icon gives you two options. The first is that you can email this recording to others. The second is that you can create a snippet of your recording. This is useful because you can download or send a snippet of your recording if you do not want to send the entire recording.
Updated about 1 month ago