Article #: 122
How To: set up the plug the queue setting and overflow
Similar questions: set up the plug the queue and overflow settings, plug the queue and overflow, modify plug the queue and overflow settings
Purpose: To demonstrate how to plug the queue and overflow
The biggest use case for this will be when there is a disconnect error between the API on RingCentral versus Xima CCaaS and the connection goes down. The way you will be able to tell if your API is down is if your agents are being presented calls and are unable to answer them.
- When logged in to the admin UI of Xima CCaaS, go to Admin (System) > System Settings.
- Click on Voice Agent and a dropdown will appear.
- Locate the Queue is Plugged metric and make sure the setting is set to True.
- The next thing you need to do is identify the extension you want to adjust. This is done by navigating to Xima CCaaS with the URL that has been provided to you (i.e., example.xima.cloud)
- At the login screen, enter Username and Password and hit Login.
- Along the left-hand side in the navigation pane, select Admin (System) (cog wheel icon) > Manage SIP Extensions.
- A new window called SIP Extensions will appear. Here you will see all of the registered extensions as they exist in your system. The top extension in bold is the primary extension, also called the load balancer. All calls will go to this specific extension to route to Contact Center agents.
- Once you have established the extension you want to adjust, navigate to RingCentral/ACO.
- Click on the Users tab > User List > Users with Extensions.
- Click on the extension name and under the Call Forwarding and Voicemail section, and click on the dropdown under the Missed Calls subsection.
- Once the dropdown appears, make sure that Forward to extension is selected.
- Once that is done, you can also adjust the ring time to your liking.
- Click Save.
Updated 4 months ago